About Me

My photo
I turn a year older every 9 april since 1994. I do not need 8 hours of sleep at night and believe in ghosts. If I could make my life less complex, I would.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

HI GUYS :D I'm having a really bad flu now and feeling abit light headed so I apologise if the following post does not make much sense x/ Plus this will be a very boring read cuz it'd look kinda wordy without pictures. (Will edit when my cousins send me the photos! Didnt take much myself cuz my camera SUCK!! Cant wait for march to get a new one x. I never knew having a camera with higher mega pixels will not make your pictures look clearer or sharper in any way, as compared to a noobish 6.3 one. This current one is freaking 12.1 and the pictures all look yellowish and like shit. Any canon recommendations?)

***You have been warned****


Lets start from the very beginning! CNY EVE:

I got up feeling rly excited that morning, no idea why, but it probably has something to do with having no lessons that day ;) CNY concert in the morning was okay, just boring at some points (esp when they were talking in CHINESE and so softly that you couldnt rly make out what they were saying). The year 5-6 song thingy was HILARIOUS though. Tthey had to have certain words in the lyrics like:

1) 喜
AND SOME JOKER WENT: A, B, 喜, D
2) An animal
AND SOME OTHER JOKERS WENT: 鸡鸡鸡鸡baby baby (gee gee gee gee) & nobody nobody but 猪

LOL on stage in front of the entire school somemore. 2C reunion after the concert at pepper lunch was kinda successful (I guess?) but oh well, I didnt achieve as much as I'ad expected to. Wanted to use this chance to clear some misunderstandings and find out how much everybody've changed. But we kinda just splitted into 2 camps and the girl I rly wanted to talk to didnt come meh. Sigh that's 2C for you I guess. One thing for sure: No change LOL. Put us in a class again and we'd still be as cliquish (not that I mind, I love pc-cube!!) as ever.

Met 4E after the lunch for some:



Ghost action. JK. Some people might find this a lil lame but I'm just very very VERY thankful that it wasnt scary. Plus I was sitting beside yue chwen, it will suck to lose my balls in front of a guy. I havent watched a singapore production in ages (is it me or does every singapore ghost movie have to be related to army stories?!!) so it was okay ;)

The food at reunion dinner that night was pretty bad I think x/ My 3rd grandaunt got to choose the location this year and to nobody's surprise she booked a resturant beside her stretch of terraces along upper thompson. Maybe this was also because I had very little appetite that night (and for the whole of chinese new year for that matter. Kinda worrying. Can vouch that I gained zero weight this cny). Oh I had more sharksfin then anyone else though, that dish was really good ;) Aside from the food, I was in good company so... All in all, great reunion!



DAY 1 OF CHINESE NEW YEAR: (Dad's side)

Like every other year, the first stop was to my grandma's house. I was feeling great that morning cuz my clothes looked good and it was my first time on heels! (That novelty wore off after a while though, I swear this is THE LAST pair of heels I'm gonna get in a long time to come, it was REALLY BAD. I was cursing while hobbling home at the end of the day). Like every other year, I had cheng teng immediately after I stepped into grandma's house and feasted on a huuuge array of food. Watched my dad gamble till he lost every cent in his wallet (LOL NO JOKE. Me and R were laughing so hard at his downcasted face), found out that my two aunts were watching autumn concerto (surprise surprise!) so we watched the ending together, taught my uncles bridge and was made to answer endless questions about my school, my life and the most epic of all..... "So what level are you in this year! Sec 3?" LOLLLLL Not once but 5 times in a morning! After a while R got sick of nodding his head vigorously and going: Yeap she's in sec 3! Cant you tell!

Lol. And like every chinese new year, we waited for grandma to clear up and the whole lot of us, all 3 families, took 3 buses down to 3rd grandaunt's terrace. (Which was the only place big enough for the entire gathering of.... some 10 odd families lol). There we played a really great game of girls vs guys taboo. (I love the fact that my paternal side relatives are so 'english'! They were cracking really funny dirty jokes and GOD my 10 YEAR OLD cousin knows ALOT. Like all the presidents of the united states, who and who got assasinated, all the oldie singers that I hever never heard of, ETC!! Thats what happens when you have a president scholar as a dad. Very very impressive, I sure as hell didnt know all that at 10!!)



ANYWAY THE GIRLS WON 2 ROUNDS WHILE THE GUYS WON 1!!! Hehehehe.

Uncle aloysious at the word 'eject': You know guys do this all the time when they're....
Aunty audrey: *beeps buzzer loudly into his ear* keep this PG10!!
LMAO.

We then watched uncle andy's wedding video. It was GAWJUS. Only in china, can you set off a fireworks path leading to the bride's house, get a ride in a HORSE CARRIAGE (with a real white horse and a footmen damn it!!) and get your husband to carry you whilst youre in a sedan! It was awesome!!! Plus they have cool chinese traditions, such as the bride's family hiding something under the bride's huge puffy gown as she's sitting down and the husband has to search for it with his hands. In front of the family. LOL now that I'm typing this, I dont think this was a tradition HAHAHA. You should see her face when he was groping under her dress and trying his best not to touch any skin. It was a beautiful wedding indeed ;)



It started growing dark so we all trooped to another resturant nearby (sia la rich people estate is like that) for dinner and more sharksfin! Had to rush off afterwards to my ex babysitter's house, where we ate (their neighbour always make this really special marshmellow thingy during CNY that I cannot get enough of!!) goodies and had a whole night of xbox kinetic action :) Wellll if you dont know what it is, it's rly similar to wii and me & ma bro were jumping and screaming as we played beach volleyball using our hands hehe. Great times ^^


Talked on the phone when I got home till the wee hours of the morning and was rly exhausted when I finally got to sleep. (I'm not complaining though! Been ages since I last talked like that on the phone muaha)




DAY 2 OF CHINESE NEW YEAR: (mom's side)

Got up really late that morning, around 12 and after 3 hours of catching up on shows we recorded on day 1 (you'll be surprised at how little tv I watch on CNY), we got our lazy asses out of the house and to my uncle's house. The first thing I did when I stepped in was to learn majong together with my cousins. Hehe I had no idea majong was so easy! I thought it'd be really complicated and required alot of thinking but naw, I fared okay for a first timer ;) Got into a tiff with dad later in the day but I dont wanna air dirty linen in public so yeap not gonna elaborate.

Breaked for dinner then played halo and this fighting game thingy on my uncle's xbox, celebrated da yi's birthday, took cousin-y photos, lao-ed yu sheng, huddled in a corner with my aunt cuz she was lookin for fun games to download on her samsung galaxy (gawwwd it's SO SIMILAR to an iphone! Just slightly bulkier and larger), watched ong bak and.... uhhhh had more pizza.

Less drama that day, got home at around 11 and talked on the phone with the same person whilst watching this robot show. Fell asleep immdiately when my head touched the pillow lol.


Hey I'm gonna blog about today some other time okay! Hahaha provided you're still interested. You're awesome if you lasted this long and is still reading this heh ^^. Gotta go! Mom bought macdonales and kfc!!

Bye xo hope you guys had as great a chinese new year as I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment