
This has to be one of the most beneficial and meaningful camps I have ever attended. Ive learned SO MUCH more from these 2 days than I've learned from an entire week of AYLC. I finally know what 'being grateful for the things you have' truly meant (well I once thought I knewitall but little did I know.. There was actually so much more to learn). I think the best way to realise that is to be able to experience it all for yourselves, to be in their shoes for a day. I can guarantee that just by taking a few stops on the mrt train in a wheelchair/walking on the streets completely blindfolded with a walking cane will humble you. Muahaha and Ive done it all ^^
I am the kind of people who will stare at the disabled on the streets/public transports, not because I am a bad person, but simply because I'm curious and most of the time, I feel nothing but sympathy towards them. I had no idea how bad staring at someone you found wierd was until today, when... Oh god, it is BAD. I felt like a freak and ps WHAT'S UP WITH THOSE MEAN SINGAPOREANS??!! You're actually mad that someone in a wheelchair entered the lift first?! Plus I didnt know these physically handicapped people dont like others to regard them with pity, they'll rather us treat them like a normal person.
OH OH I also developed a new found respect for the visually handicapped! ^^ Eating in the dark was H-E-L-L. (YOU SHOULD ASK KIMYEE HAHAHA best person to ask, she was screaming and making so much noise while eating LMAO very cuteee) Shopping in carrefour was hell x2. Heard some really heartwrenching life stories from the disabled people themselves :( Imagine being otracized by the society, imagine your parents not wanting you anymore!! They still carried on with their lives so bravely and wtp, if a VH person can get a masters, WHY CANT WE??!
I AM GRATEFUL FOR EVERYTHING THAT I DO HAVE. Who cares if I have PIMPLES, whether I'm short, fat, ugly, have crooked teeth, have ugly toes ETC (LOL I'm just saying, my pimples are getting a hell lot better and my toes are perfectly fine thank you) we're so much more fortunate than these people. If even they dont complain, why should we?! I needed this camp so much, I feel so stupid for fretting over miserable pimples cuz WHAT THE HELL, at least I can see, smell, taste, touch, hear!!
The rest of this camp was pretty normal. There's still the making new friends part, coming up with cheers, group names, performances, kicking soccer, catwalking thru 3 carriages in the mrt, falling down while pushing the wheelchair quickly down the slope, chicken dancing in the mrt station, gossiping about classmates, suffering the mean glares of train commuters together... what else. LOL OH AND ZHI YANG HAHAHA SO CUTEEEEEEEEE. But all these are kinda expected lol, I'm just really glad Ive learned soo much ^^ (Finger spelling!!! Very very interesting and yay that'd totally be our new codes)
Ach didnt waste my 2 days after all hehex (Y)
No comments:
Post a Comment